What To Expect
Free Yourself from Unwanted Body Hair
The secret to laser hair removal is the clinically-proven technology that targets and destroys cells responsible for hair growth without harming surrounding skin. It’s a simple approach to permanent hair reduction that’s fast, easy, and FDA-cleared. Best of all, treatment sessions can take just minutes.
- Rely on laser hair removal for treatment of unwanted hair on the:
- bikini line
The Benefits for Laser Hair Removal
Light-based hair removal can work for almost everyone, including all skin colors and most hair types. For men, laser hair removal is great for permanently reducing chest and back hair for a cleaner, younger look. For women, it’s a great alternative to creams and waxing for reducing hair on the face and body, including delicate areas around the lips and the bikini line.
- Benefits include:
- Permanent reduction of facial and body hair
- Fast, easy treatments with little to no downtime
Laser hair removal can remove hair from the face (except around the eyes), back, chest, arms, underarms, bikini line, and legs.
Laser hair removal is available for all skin types, including very light and very dark skin, and most hair colors. Your provider will determine whether you are a good candidate for the procedure based on a variety of factors.
Light is used to target and destroy hair follicles responsible for hair growth without harming surrounding tissue.
Laser hair removal treatments take just minutes for small areas and about a half hour for larger areas.
Several laser hair removal treatments are recommended for the best results. Your treatment provider can help tailor a plan just for you. You do not need to let hair grow out between treatment sessions.
Most people feel only a slight, momentary “snap” at the treatment site during the procedure.
Although you will need to follow Post Treatment Procedures (below), you can resume most regular daily activities immediately following treatment.
Some typical side effects of laser hair removal include a mild sunburn-like sensation (redness), accompanied by some minor swelling immediately following the treatment. These effects may last a few days.
Your treatment provider can provide individualized information on potential side effects with you.
Pre & Post Treatments for Laser Hair Removal
- Shave treated area while it has full growth, as we want to direct laser energy into the hair follicle.
- Laser treatments are not recommended for tanned patients until the tan has faded. Sun exposure must be avoided between treatments for a minimum of three weeks before treatments. This includes sun exposure and tanning booths. Artificial tanning products must be discontinued two weeks prior to treatments. Always use a sunscreen (containing zinc oxide) of SPF 30 or higher, we recommend VisaoMD or other medical grade SPF throughout the course of your laser treatments. If you are aware that your skin stays tan longer than three weeks after sun exposure, schedule your appointment so that you are not tan on the day of treatment.
- Do not pluck, wax or tweeze throughout the course of your laser treatments.
- No antibiotics and/or any photosensitive medications may be used during the time of treatment.
- No Retin-A , Tetracycline, Accutane may be used.
- Patients with a history of herpes simplex 1 or 2, cold sores should be put on oral antiviral drugs (Zovirax or Famvir) beginning the day before treatment. Laser heat can trigger and/or reactivate the virus in the same way as sun, stress, and fever.
- At the time of treatment, laser protective glasses MUST be worn.
- If consuming any hormone stimulating or anti-depression medication, client MUST notify Practitioner prior to treatment.
- No DIRECT Sun Exposure or Tanning three weeks after laser treatment. Change of pigmentation in the treated area will appear with combination of laser and sunlight. Always use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher with ZINC oxide.
- Extra hygiene care at home is required. Apply VisaoMD Restor Calm twice a day up to 7 days if needed.
To reduce swelling, an ice pack may be applied to the treated area. If scabbing or pustules appears apply 1% antibiotic cream such as Neosporin or follicle inflammation appears, use 1% Hydrocortisone cream for 2-3 days after the treatment.
1% or an antibiotic cream such as Neosporin, Polypore for 2-3 days after the treatment.
- DO NOT TOUCH, RUB, and SCRATCH OR PICK the treated area.
- Within a few days after the treatment, stubbles representing dead hair follicles will appear. Complete exfoliation takes anywhere from 10 – 20 days.
Should you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to call our office at (813) 749-7143.